Best as I can see, we will still have a 1-2 hour window from about 12-2. It will be likely raining from 11-12, let up for an hour or two, then rain will resume. the winds will be about 13mph, so let’s keep it low (under 1,000 ft). Be sure to cut the spill holes out on your parachutes.
Moving to Sunday is not possible because the winds will be at or over the limits (>20mph).
This has been a really tough year for weather and rockets! Let’s hope we can get in one more good launch for 2014.
This year has been a tough year for weather. BUT! We have one final opportunity to Release the Great Smoke of Whoosh and send our beloved rockets skyward.
The final launch for 2014 is this SATURDAY, November 1st. Please keep it open on your calendar. I’d love to finish off the year strong and make up for the missed launches the unpredictable weather has brought us in 2014.
The October launch is a NOGO (cancelled)! Rain looks more likely and for longer on Saturday. Sunday is not an option this month. The Good News: The November 1st launch is just TWO WEEKS away! Save up the Magic Whooshy Smoke for then!!
It looks like we will be able to squeek in a launch on Saturday! There is rain coming, so let’s get there early and hope the rain holds off. until at least 3PM. I will try to get there early and be set & ready to go by 1PM.
Winds will be about 9mph, which is not too bad, still — be sure to cut spill holes in your ‘chutes.
BUT… keep an eye on the website and your e-mail…. IF this changes for the worse, we will move to Sunday.