Mike Bellino on September Launch: SUNDAY Sept… Robert Veilleux on September Launch: SUNDAY Sept… Robert on Like Rockets? You’ll Lov… Sean, Max, and Mama on Next Launch: Saturday, June… Sean, Max, and Mama on GO FOR LAUNCH – Saturday…
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
KARS had a fun launch this past Saturday …. despite the winds, 0 rockets were lost!
Next launch is July 8th 1 to 3:30!
We are GO FOR LAUNCH on Saturday 1 to 3:30PM!
Temps will be a very comfortable 60 degrees. Winds will be medium at about 10 to 12 mph. (Recommend cut out spill holes in parachutes.) This should be a terrific day to be outside and launching rockets.
Check the KARS website for directions and other information.
See you there!
Next Launch is June 3rd! Save the Date!
UPDATE: The weather is holding and Sunday afternoon will have temps in the high 50’s with winds around 10mph. The Sunday evening rain should hold off until after the launch. Come join us Sunday 1 to 3:30 at the Warner Farm Field for some fun flying!
Commence Countdown…. Ignition Sequence Start… We have Main Engine Ignition… Launch in 3… 2…. 1… LIFTOFF!!!
The 2017 KARS Season begins on Sunday (due to Saturday’s wet forecast). 1 to 3:30PM at the Warner Farm Field. Winds will be moderate (10-12 mph), temperatures a comfortable 60-ish.
Joins us for the inaugural 2017 launch as we launch into our 13th season!
I have been watching the ebb and flow of Saturday’s weather forecast for days. In short, it’s good, then not good, then good, then not good….
OK… Keep an eye on the website, and/or e- mail and/or facebook. I’ll keep you posted. I plan to make a GO/NOGO decision on Friday. I may cancel the launch or postpone to Sunday. If it still raining on Sunday, we’ll just look forward to a June launch.
The First Launch will be Saturday May 6th from 1 to 3:30PM at the Warner Farm field.
Hopefully the black flies won’t be out yet, and maybe the June launch will see the tail end of them.
The poll on moving the launch window to the AM hours was not strongly in favor one way or the other, so we decided to keep the time the same.
See you all on May 6th!
First, I never got a chance to thank all you (especially Tim & Jenny Courser and Eric Swanson) for a terrific 2016 launch season! I had great fun and it was good to see so many regulars and new folks!
The good news is we have the Coursers’ permission to use their hay field for 2017. Eric is game for another year…. so we arrive at the 2017 launch season.
I have not set a date yet (eyeing April 29th), but I have a question I’d like everyone to weigh in on. I’d like to know if you would prefer a Saturday 9:30AM to Noon launch instead of the 1PM to 3:30PM. Here are a few reasons why:
- Generally lower wind in the mornings
- Generally cooler in the morning
- Lower chance of thundershowers
(One quick note: If the Saturday launch is cancelled, the Sunday launch would still be 1 to 3:30PM due to schedule conflicts.)
That said, I am not sold on one time or another, but if it means more people more likely can attend the morning launches, then I’d be happy to go that way.
So PLEASE take a few seconds to answer the survey below by April 19th. Thank you!