Thank you for all the Great Memories from 2013! I had a fantastic time and am still delighted by each flight, especially when the recover involves a bunch of kids chasing down a newly minted rocket. 🙂
Overall the weather was very kind, but we did have a launch or two where the winds helped feed the trees a steady diet of rockets. I do not recall that we missed a month, but we did leave the year missing a few rockets. 😦
Thanks go out to many people….
- The Landowners (Tim & Jenny C.) who were kind enough to allow us (once again) to use their Farm Field
- All the folks who donated money to help buy the really nice launch rods
- Eric S. for storing and helping with the equipment & launches
- Ben G. for pinch-hitting on the launch controls a few time
- All the folks who helped drag equipment up or down the hill
As far as attendance, most launches still saw about 2 dozen people. Some fewer, some more. I have been using various on-line NH calendars to great success. When I see someone new, I ask them how they heard about us. I’d guesstimate 80% of the time they said as a result of an on-line calendar.
I don’t plan on any major changes for 2014. We’ll probably start again in late-April and run monthly through November. If you have any thoughts, comments, suggestions, criticisms on KARS, please give me a call (603-938-5129). I’d love to hear from you.
One last note: I get really bad about checking KARS e-mail over the winter. Best to drop me a line at: mike_bellino AT yahoo DOT com
Meanwhile, I have some videos to share and pictures to post. Don’t forget to ‘LIKE’ us on Facebook.
See you all in April!
Cheers, Mike Bellino